Legal Advisor Administrative Law Adoption Attorney
Seeking position as a legal advisor with primary role of making legal determinations, advising clients as well as reviewing agreements or legal documents to secure the client’s interests.
- Relentless pursuit of excellence, while being thoughtful of colleagues at all levels
- Outstanding arbitration and counseling skills
- Effective and compassionate communication with clients
- Ability to coordinate legal activities & formulate contracts and policy recommendations
- Draft and negotiate complex documents in an expedient manner
Attorney, Private Practice July 2007 – present
- Provide professional legal assistance, advice and counsel to adoptive parents and birth mothers with respect to legal rights and obligations
- Research and analyze complex legal questions and issue and prepare confidential legal memoranda, court papers, and briefs for administrative proceedings
- Advise on the legal status of rights to various clients, the possible legal ramifications of trust, will and probate questions concerning the individual’s rights and obligations
Attorney, General Counsel, 3SG Corporation, Dublin, Ohio January 2004 – July 2007
- Drew up contracts regarding sales, employment and other legal matters
- Reviewed organizational documents and prepared and examined contracts which involved government small business programs.
- Interfaced with senior management regarding legal questions, and served as advisor to management, responding to a variety of legal questions regarding the interpretation, structuring, impact and documentation of current and proposed business deals.
Staff Attorney, Ohio Department of Aging, Columbus, Ohio January 1995 – October 1996
- Provided administrative support for two attorneys and State Ombudsman
- Organized continuing legal education seminars
- Kept current on laws affecting elderly
Capital Law School
Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting